This Ezydog harness rig is gonna be interesting to a lot of you dog owners out there, even those of ya who don’t pal around with a Bandogge or Molossus (or for that matter any war dog). It’s called the Ezydog Convert Harness, and it is receiving excellent reviews everywhere we’ve looked.
Got a fur missile of your own? Read on.
Ezydog Convert Harness
The EzyDog Convert Dog Harness isn’t just a good piece of dog hiking gear, it’s an excellent option for a service dog vest. In Ezydog’s words, it’s both “street- and trail-ready”, with a practical, effective design combining comfort with aesthetics.
It’s designed so you can transform the Convert Harness into a service dog backpack (or working dog backpack) quickly and easily — but you could just as easily use it to let Fido hump his own kibble and bullysticks while you’re out rucking.
(In a hurry? You can get one on Amazon, and get a look at all the reviews there.)
Service Dog Harness
The Convert Harness is good to go for more than casual day hikes and even extended ruck marches. Like any good loadbearing platform, it’s designed for load distribution. In this case, it spreads that weight across the chest and flanks of your canine rather than pulling against the throat like a collar.
Use the Convert Harness when working with your service dog. You’ll just need a good leash. Ezydog also has those, though there are several other excellent manufacturers out there (i.e. Kurgo, Wolfgang USA, Ruffwear, and others like them).
Convert Harness Fitting
Note: there’s a sizing chart available on the Ezydog website.
Convert Harness Specs
- Build to take the rigors of an active lifestyle
- Rugged polyester outer shell
- Has a soft cotton lining to keep your critter comfortable and happy
- Custom ID Tags easily added
- Available (as of this writing) in Charcoal, Burgundy, Blue
- Size Options: XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Features a fully-adjustable chest strap for a secure fit
- Disable with one click
- Rust-proof welded D-ring provides a secure anchor for leashes
- “Soft touch traffic handle” gives extra security when needed
- Side badges with a name, message, or motto are available. Create your own Personalized Custom Side Badge. You can also choose from a list of Pre-printed Convert Side Badges
- Convert your Harness to a dog backpack with Convert Saddle Bags (not compatible with XXS and XS sizes – but you could have ’em carried in a saddlebag if there’s a bigger dog available!
Find this harness and other good dog gear online:
We reckon these will work as well for your chilled-out Daug as it would for a Coydog (or for that matter even a Thylacine, if you can find one!). Well, maybe not a Daug…anyway, you get the idea.
But wait, there’s more!
If you haven’t been able to get your self-powered fur missile out as much because of the Coronavirus, you might check out Ezydog’s article How to keep your dog active during a global pandemic from earlier this year.
Some war dawgs are more warlike than others.
Did you know?
Dog Days is a term dating back to Roman times. It refers to the hottest, most stultifying days of Summer, usually following the heliacal rise of Sirius (the star).
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
The other half is lasers.
Note: some URLs on this and other pages on this website may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you buy sumthin’. So yes, you’d be doing us a solid, but don’t make a purchase on that basis alone!